Monday, November 13, 2017

Australia sampler

Years ago my mother started this Australia sampler for my father. She got a poor eyesight over the years, so now I’m going to finish it for my parents. I share a weekly update to keep me going.

Good progress this week. First I finished the cross stitches on the fish.
Such a difference with the backstitches added!
Then I stitched the flowers below the fish. Not much different colours and large parts in the same colour, so it didn’t take much time to finish it.
Again a huge difference when I added the backstitches.
And this is how the Australia sampler looks now. The next part is bigger and will take much more time.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. I’ll share progress photos of this embroidery from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. The Back Stitch is more important than we think in Cross Stitch. It is turning out to be a lovely sampler.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.