Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Embroidery on leaves

Last week I experimented with embroidery on fresh leaves. After the first photo I put them ‘back’ on their original place. I used 2 threads of stranded floss for my stitches.
Chevron stitch on an Eucalyptus leaf.
Whipped wheels on the leaves of our Helleborus.
Straight stitch, running stitch and pistil stitch on a Mahonia Media leaf.

My leaves after 5 days. It was a fun experiment, maybe I try it on dried leaves next time.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on.

4 comments:

  1. interesting to see these leaves I think if you had left them till they had dried they would have been to brittle to stitch on but maybe it will work. Wonder how they will be in a few weeks when the leaves have gone brittle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wonder how they will look over time too!

      Delete
  2. I bet anyone who saw the leaves back in their real place must have been wondering: How on Earth....? WHAT plants are these?
    Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these photos where fun to make!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.