Monday, April 3, 2017

Fancy herringbone & raised Cretan stitch

TAST stitch 70 is fancy herringbone stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

I stitched a wide version on Aida. The threads are perle 12 for the herringbone, cotton a broder for the upright cross stitch and perle 5 for the lacing.
Some time ago Sharon shared a tutorial for the raised Cretan stitch. This stitch was new to me, so I just had to give it a try. I used perle 12 for the backstitches and Caron Wildflower for the raised Cretan.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitches Annet! I love the variegation in the thread you used for the raised Cretan stitch. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. I love the Caron threads.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Annet, they are so beautiful. I really need to practice making such even tension on 'fancy' and laced stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Queenie. I like the result of laced stitches, but they are not my favourites to stitch!

      Delete
  3. Both the stitches are just beautiful!! I will definitely try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laksmi. Enjoy your trial!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes it was fun to learn new stitches.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.