Monday, April 24, 2017

It’s a Teesha Rainbow - RED

I’m participating in a series of swaps for Teesha Moore inspired patches with a rainbow colour. Red is the first one and we made 2 patches for our partners.
I knew Betsy likes dotee dolls, a great excuse to appliqué one on a patch. 
For the second patch I used a Dutch fabric and decorated it with beads. Betsy was very happy with her patches!
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Easter eggs

I crocheted 23 Easter eggs for my bowl with a bonbon yarn set. It had 8 colours, 10 grams/35 meter each and I used it until the very last bit.
 I started with this free pattern, but also created a lot of striped eggs. 
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Monday, April 10, 2017

Wonder31

I finished prompts 8-10 of Daisy Yellow’s Wonder31 prompts in my altered book Rooie. Prompt 8 reminded me of an origami kimono, but I just used origami in 2 prompts so I wanted to do something different. Luckily I remembered the pretty stamp I've got from Hideko, so that was my starting point. I used acrylic paint and a Sharpie to decorate my spread.
8 Kimono
For prompt 9 I cut freehand squares and rectangles from my stash of wallpaper and made a collage. The next day I added the magazine clippings.
9 Wallpaper
Prompt 10 made me think about which list of ten favorites I would use. Then I decided to mix my list into another list of ten favorites.
10 Ten favorites
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Monday, April 3, 2017

Fancy herringbone & raised Cretan stitch

TAST stitch 70 is fancy herringbone stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

I stitched a wide version on Aida. The threads are perle 12 for the herringbone, cotton a broder for the upright cross stitch and perle 5 for the lacing.
Some time ago Sharon shared a tutorial for the raised Cretan stitch. This stitch was new to me, so I just had to give it a try. I used perle 12 for the backstitches and Caron Wildflower for the raised Cretan.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on.