Sunday, January 22, 2017

Fancy Cats

This quilt was hidden in my cupboard for many years. I shared the start of this quilt in one of the early posts on this blog, when I only wrote them in Dutch. You can read them here and here. I finished the top in 2008, but never shared a photo. So this is how my top looked before I started adding the borders.
I already shared this progress photo on my Facebook blog, it’s one of sneak peeks I share from time to time. Here I was stitching the 36 inch seam of the first border, now I’m working on the second one. Of course it’s all done by hand!
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt colours and a lot of hand work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like patching by hand. It's so relaxing.

      Delete
  2. I bet you get a lot of pleasure out of working with this quilt so it finally can be completed.
    Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fabrics were a birthday gift from my quilting friends many years ago. They were part of a series and I originally wanted a matching fabric for the border from the same series. I was lucky to find some pretty matching fabric a few months ago.

      Delete
  3. looks so good I have a panel with lots of cats on somewhere this has given me some ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could inspire you. I think I have the design I made in one of the folders on my computer. If I can find them I'll share them in my next post about this quilt.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Gosh, what a lot of hand stitching!
    Very neat stars! I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish your quilt.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I always patch and quilt by hand, very relaxing.

      Delete
  5. Lovely colors. A lot of nice handwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm now stitching the third strip of the first border.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.