maandag 17 oktober 2016

Slipped feathered chain stitch

TAST stitch 57 is feathered chain stitch, TAST stitch 58 is slipped detached chain stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

I’ve used these stitches many times, but this time I made a combo of them. I used an old Christmas quilt top, which was hiding in my cupboard for many years. I patched it in 2008! It’s the same design as my quilt Safari. I’m going to quilt it with embroidery stitches, something I wanted to do since I saw the pretty stitches on Queenie's Kafferepet. First I stitched feathered chain stitch in perle 5, then I added the slipped part of the slipped detached chain stitch in cotton a broder. I love how this turned out!

10 opmerkingen:

  1. I feel honoured that Kafferepet inspired you to use the TAST stitches for QUILTING. I am happy to see that your stitches are FAR neater than mine. Keep up the good work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. looking good and yes Queenie shares some lovely stitching too

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love your stitching Annet! Thanks for showing us your Quilts, you've given me some ideas .... I need a lap quilt so that maybe my cats might sit on my lap, which at the moment they don't seem to find me comfortable enough!
    It was nice to see Queenies Kafferepet completed .... I had missed it somehow!
    Lots of wonderful inspiration from you both, thank you!
    Barbara xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Barbara. My cats like to sit on crochet or knitting too.

      Verwijderen
  4. Dat dit je bevalt, geloof ik graag. Zelf vind ik het práchtig!
    Wat maak je mooi handwerk.
    Je bent geloof ik een duizendpoot.
    Groet van Nel.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je, Nel. Ik vind 'gewoon' veel dingen leuk om te doen.

      Verwijderen
  5. The combination of the feathered chain and slipped detached chain turned out wonderfully well and in white your stitching looks stunning on the Christmas colours.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! Now I have to find matching stitches to complete this before Christmas!

      Verwijderen