Sunday, February 14, 2016

VanDyke & arrowhead stitch

VanDyke stitch is TAST stitch 28, arrowhead stitch is TAST stitch 26. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle. TAST is a rerun, I already experimented with these stitches in previous rounds, but couldn’t resist experimenting with VanDyke stitch again. 

I used perle 5 on 14 count Aida. First a wide stitch, then a smaller stitch inside.
And finally a tiny stitch to complete my variation.
I repeated this until the end of my row.
Then I added 2 rows of arrowhead stitches in perle 12 at both sides.
Follow me on facebook
You can also follow this blog at facebook. It’s public, so you don’t need an account to read it. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. A few days ago I shared an old sampler with VanDyke stitches.

18 comments:

  1. I really like the Vandyke arrow - great variation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. It was fun to play with VanDyke stitch again!

      Delete
  2. very good stitchery here, I will catch up soon I mean start soon! I have saved all the stitches just need to get motivated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. I already stitched most stitches more than ones, but this one screamed to be stitched again!

      Delete
  3. I like your variation of the Van Dyke stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great variation of the VanDyke stitch, very striking!

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitches are always so neat and perfect. Here you have a great variation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Queenie. Good to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete

  7. You've created a very attractive version of van Dyke stitch Annet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.