maandag 3 augustus 2015

Quirky Dutch Summer week 7

The theme for week 7 is Photos - used in another way. I promised myself to do all themes for Quirky Dutch Summer from start to finish, but I just had to do this theme before starting on week 4-6. There’s a stack of photos in my stash from a vacation in Luxemburg many years ago. They are made with a disposable camera and not good quality. Perfect for crafting! I used a photo of a river, taken on a boat trip. I found this cross stitch pattern online, flipped it and printed it on the right size. Then I taped it to the photo with painters tape and made the holes for my stitches.
It’s not easy to see the boat pattern, so I drew a large pattern as my stitching guide.
The boat is almost finished here. I used Madeira rayon for my cross stitches.
Here it is, sailing to Zuidlaren! It made me think of an old Dutch children’s song about Berend Botje. He went sailing with his boat to Zuidlaren, but ended up in America!
The backside of my photo. I used tape to secure my threads, knots would be too bulky to attach it to my altered red book.
It was also too wide for my spread, so I had to crop it. Next I prepared the background of my spread, I painted it with red acrylic paint.
No progress photos anymore, I had too much fun to think about my camera! I used 2 parts of my photo to start this spread. The printed words are the first 2 lines of the children’s song Berend Botje. I collaged a border in Teesha’s style and started doodling. It wasn’t easy not using zentangles! Take a closer look at this spread on my Flickr page (click).
You can see what others did for this week at Marit’s Paper World or the Quirky Dutch Summer facebook group.

20 opmerkingen:

  1. Great post Annet! Your finished pages are amazing. I'm off to visit Marit next. Have a great week. Barbara xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Reacties
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I appreciate you took the time to comment here and on Flickr.

      Verwijderen
  3. what imagination, would never have thought about stitching on a photo, it has worked beautifully

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Margaret. I've seen stitching on photos online, maybe at MrXstitch. So it's not my own idea, I'm sure it will not be the last time I stitched on a photo!

      Verwijderen
  4. Leuk idee om een stukje borduurwerk toe te voegen aan een ansichtkaart! Lijkt me wel bewerkelijk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Miriam. De uitwerking viel reuze mee, het borduren gaat iets trager omdat je per keer maar 1 gaatje kunt borduren.

      Verwijderen
  5. Dit is echt he.le.maal ge.wel.dig Annet! Wat een prachtige uitwerking - zó worden 'saaie' foto's echt prachtig!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Marit. Zoals je ziet geniet ik erg van de QDS opdrachten.

      Verwijderen
  6. Ik dacht ik ga ook even op je blog kijken.
    Echt leuk gedaan!
    Tof ook dat geborduurde bootje.
    Groetjes, Rensina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Leuk dat je hier ook even een berichtje achterlaat. Toen ik deze foto uitkoos, wist ik meteen dat er een bootje op de rivier moest varen!

      Verwijderen
  7. Super bedacht en uitgevoerd! Een idee om na te maken!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Marjolein. Het idee is niet helemaal van mezelf. In Marit's opdracht stond een voorbeeldje met machineborduurwerk en op MrXstitch heb ik zoiets ook al eens gezien. Ben benieuwd hoe jij het gaat aanpakken, ik zie het vanzelf wel op je blog. Succes met de scherven!

      Verwijderen
  8. Great creative work here. Never would have thought of these ideas. Thanks for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Chitra. Stitching on photos was on my to-do-list for a long time after seeing it at MrXstitch. I'm glad Marit of QDS showed an example in het blogpost.

      Verwijderen
  9. Great creativity, the stitching on the photo is unusual, it is something that I haven't seen done before

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Susan. Well, I'm not the first person stitching on a photo. I remember some great samples of altering people in photos with stitching.

      Verwijderen