Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas ornaments

I participated in 3 different Christmas ornament swap in the last months. The first swap was for a cross stitched Santa ornament. The pattern for my skating Santa came from an old pattern sheet without info. I think it’s from the seventies.
 I used DMC Jewell effects for his skates.
Luckily there was a matching fabric in my stash for the backside.
Barbara made this cute sleeping Santa for me in a 3 inch hoop.
In the second swap it didn’t matter what kind of material you used. I crocheted a star, designed by Brenda Smits. The pattern came from the book  Kerstballen haken.
Aletta made these pretty ornaments for me in papier mâché.
The last swap was fabric related. I sewed a 5 inch stocking on my sewing machine for Marja.
And Marja made these cute boots for me. Love the snow on them!
Thanks Barbara, Aletta and Marja!

14 comments:

  1. They are all so lovely. It must be fun to participate in swaps, I wish I could have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angelica. Swaps are fun, it's so nice to get special packages in the mail.

      Delete
  2. a lovely collection of mini swaps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your Christmas tree will look wonderful!! Your swap partners' as well.... Think I will participate in Fibre Fever's swap next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a growing collection of Christmas ornaments made by friends and swap partners. It brings back lovely memories when I decorate for Christmas.

      Delete
  4. You have made, and you have got, lovely new ornaments for this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Queenie. They are a great addition to my growing collection of handmade Christmas ornaments.

      Delete
  5. A lovely collection of Christmas ornaments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. It was an early Christmas this year, I received the first swap in October!

      Delete
  6. Everything is wonderful- incoming and outgoing. The skates look great with the jewel thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen. DMC jewell effect is perfect for a few cross stitches. I tried it once on French knots, . . . not such a good idea!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.