woensdag 22 oktober 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday - October 22

Block 5 for my CrazyWhite quilt is finished!
I added beads to the machine embroidered motif in the centre.
Then it was time to add a spider to my web. I looked for inspiration at Flickr, 
you can see them in my gallery Spiders on CQ. My favourite for this block was LouAnne’s spider dangling below the web. I used perle 8 for his legs.
The same spider in a different angle.
All I needed to finish my block was a bold button to break the seam at the bottom. Just take a closer look at my finished block here.
Work In Progress Wednesday is a support group to encourage people to complete languishing projects, Works In Slow Progress or UFO’s.
More info at Pin Tangle.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Such a clean and crisp block. Stylish spider! I like that you have kept the lace piece in the middle so simple, the beads are perfect.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Queenie. The spider was very easy to stitch, I was glad I found the inspiration online.

      Verwijderen
  2. A beautiful block with nice finishing touches!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, susan. It's so much fun to see the result after adding the finishing touches.

      Verwijderen
  3. very beautiful block. I love the way you have used the machine embroidered motif. thanks for the details.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Chitra. The machine embroidered motif only needed 45 seed beads!

      Verwijderen
  4. A beautiful block - so nicely designed, laid out and stitched.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Jenny. The block is not designed, I just patch as I go.

      Verwijderen