maandag 18 augustus 2014

Daisy

 . . . is the name of my new dotee doll. I gave her a necklace of beaded herringbone stitch, which is TAST stitch 125. I didn’t use Sharon’s tutorial, but one of the samples in the RSN Bead Embroidery book by Shelley Cox. The thread goes through the bead twice. I used 2 threads of stranded floss.
I stitched feather stitch on her body with 2 threads of stranded floss and decorated it with small bugle beads.
TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. Thank you, Jeannette. It was so much fun to make a dotee again!

      Verwijderen
  2. A charming doll with a nice necklace! The beads sit very securely in this kind of Beaded Herringbone stitch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Queenie. This was a very easy variation of the beaded herringbone, you should give it a try!

      Verwijderen
  3. what a lovely way to display your tast stitches

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thak you, Margaret. I wanted to make a new dotee for a long time.

      Verwijderen
  4. What a nice little project!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Susan. I made a few dotee dolls many years ago and I hope Daisy is not the last one!

      Verwijderen