woensdag 6 november 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday - November 6

Last weekend I looked at all beautiful pages I received for the book page swap at Fibre Fever. My theme is Fantasy. It's time to turn them into a fabric book.
I’ve got mermaids from Catherine, Janny, Masha and Margreet.
Fairies from Evi, Anne and Mary. And a Saunatonttu from Ritva.
Dragons from Helinä and Maureen. And a griffin from Juliette.
It’s going to be a big book this time.
Luckily I already knew what to stitch on the cover, so that’s the first step in making this fabric book. I’m using a pretty grey batik and ironed a piece of freezer paper to the backside. It stabilizes the fabric while I transfer the pattern.
Time to set up my ‘lightbox’. It’s a slide-sorter with a piece of glass and a box in front of it to prevent the glass from sliding.
Here I only transferred the head, it’s easy to see on my ‘lightbox’.
Time to add the first stem stitches with black perle 12.
I found the vintage unicorn pattern here.
More info about Work In Progress Wednesday at Pin Tangle.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh ik vind dit toch zo mooi allemaal iedere keer weer en zoveel verschillende dingen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This book will have eleven fantastic pages and a charming unicorn on the cover.
    What a smart way of using the slid sorter; I can see how resourceful you are!
    Enjoy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. what wonderful pages for an amazing book and love your unicorn for the cover

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I can see the book is going to be fantastic!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen