woensdag 27 november 2013

Old straight, crossed and plaited feather stitches

Sharon posted TAST stitches 91, 92 and 93 yesterday. I didn’t use them much, so I’m looking forward to experiment. Of course I share my old samples first. TAST stitch 91 is straight sided feather stitch AKA upright feather stitch. I already made one row on my feather stitch sampler last year. I stitched it with 2 threads of stranded floss.

This sample is part of my PLOS border sampler. I stitched 3 rows of upright feather stitches in perle 5 and decorated it with slipped detached chain stitches in perle 8 and 12.
TAST stitch 92 is crossed feather stitch. I only stitched this at the border of my last TAST sampler. The threads are perle 8.
TAST stitch 93 is plaited feather stitch. Again only stitched at the border of my last TAST sampler with perle 8.
TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, a challenge at Pin Tangle.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, that combination with Slipped Detatched Chain Stitches is great. Have fun with your new creations!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love feather stitch but have only done the basic, must have a go at these, perhaps later today now I have seen how you have brought them to life

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Always a pleasure to visit your blog! Thanks for sharing your great stitchings!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I have just started with the straight feather stitch.
    I love your slipped detached chain flowers on the three rows of straight feather stitch. Thanks for sharing..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen