Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Turkman & raised cup stitch

TAST stitch 85 is raised cup stitch and TAST stitch 86 is Turkman stitch
TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, a challenge at Pin Tangle.

First I wanted to skip the raised cup stitch, because I used it recently on my garden sampler. But when I saw the triangles in the Turkman stitch, I changed my mind. It was the perfect combo for my white cloth. Here I stitched Turkman stitch with perle 5.
This is the first raised cup stitch on the base of the Turkman stitch. I didn’t pay attention to the corners, so I disturbed the Turkman stitch.
And the complete row. It was very important to connect the threads in the corners in a knot from the raised cup stitch. All raised cup stitches have 2 rounds, normally I only use 1 round.
A detail of my cloth with the new stitches on the right side.
Just click the photo’s to enlarge them.

7 comments:

  1. You have the eye, Annet! You see how stitches can be used, combined or tampered with! This is a great marriage between Mr Turkman and Miss Raised Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very effective putting these two stitches together

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good eye for using stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea of using the triangles of the turkman stitch for raised cup stitch. Well done and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.