Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chained cross stitch in my altered book

TAST stitch 79 is chained cross stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, 
a challenge at Pin Tangle.

It took me some time to decide how to use the chained cross stitch, but when I found a lovely vintage picture I knew what to do.
After making the holes I stitched chained cross stitches with rayon thread.
Then I glued the picture on page 60 of my altered book, which was already painted with watercolour paint. Page 61 is painted with acrylic paint. I added a matching Dutch text and tangled  Nipa.
Take a closer look at this spread here.

7 comments:

  1. Really great idea! I love how you've used the stitch. Have you done other pages like this and I've missed seeing them?

    Diane - yarngoddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I stitched a floral spray in the same book last year, you can see it here:
      http://fat-quarter.blogspot.nl/2012/01/floral-spary-with-feather-stitch.html

      Delete
  2. Love this idea and love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een origineel idee om een steek te verwerken. Prachtig, het past precies bij de sfeer van je spread!
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Raised Chain is a nice way to beautify the tiles in the kitchen. Lovely use of the stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such imagination, the tiles look amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.