Sunday, July 7, 2013

Block 8 finished

All seams on block 8 for Karen’s class Embroider, Embellish, Create were done, but it needed a little more. I added pistil stitches, woven detached chain stitches and French knots to the machine embroidered fabric. The thread is cotton a broder.
In addition to my embroidery I already had some knitting and crochet on my cloth. But it also needed a piece of tatting. This was the very first needled tatted flower 
I made watching this YouTube video. The picots are too small, but it adds to the story of my cloth.
And here’s my finished block. It’s already damp stretched, so I’m going to attach it to my cloth soon.
Take a closer look at my finished block here.

2 comments:

  1. You have put so much into this block. Finishing something gives a great feeling of pride, as does the sight of that first needle tatted flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely block, such a delight to look at. Re the tatted flower, the video is the same as the one I watched to make the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.