dinsdag 18 juni 2013

Old bullion buttonhole stitches

TAST stitch 71 is bullion buttonhole. This is one of the stitches I learned in TAST 2010 and never used it again. My first sample is my TAST 2010 bullion buttonhole sampler.
I had a lot of fun with this stitch and I want to share a few details too. It was the first time I used milliners needles, it was a pleasure to use them. This row with two corners is stitched in perle 5.
Here I alternated the direction of the stitches. The thread is a variegated cotton thread, almost the same size as perle 12.
A pinwheel with 4 bullion buttonhole stitches in perle 5.
A combo of bullion buttonhole and crossed buttonhole stitch in perle 5.
My last sample is part of my spiked knotted cable chain sampler. It’s a combo of bullion buttonhole and spiked knotted cable chain in perle 8.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. What great stitch combinations! I have yet to learn the Bullion Buttonhole Stitch, and look forward to it. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. like Queenie this is a new stitch to me, can see lots of uses for it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. you have some interesting combinations of this stitch. I has a lot of potential.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. great samples of this stitch. thanks for sharing.
    Chitra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen