vrijdag 21 juni 2013

Het stekenboek voor creatief naaldwerk

Yesterday I visited a new second-hand store. I found a great book, printed in 1967. It’s the Dutch translation of The Stitches of Creative Embroidery by Jacqueline Enthoven. That one was already on my bookshelf, but now I can finally read the Dutch names of most embroidery stitches.

This is the top knotted buttonhole stitch, it’s nice the read the description in Dutch.
And the pages with the slipped detached chain stitch. The old Dutch book only has the drawings of the stitch, the new English book has some nice photo’s too.
For my Dutch readers: the description of the slipped detached chain stitch aka losse kettingsteek met een doorgehaald steekje.
This book looks like it’s never been used, it’s only missing the separate cover. 
This treasure made my day!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, I can understand your joy. To me too, it is wonderful when I can find a Swedish or Japanese name for a stitch I only know in English.
    Enjoy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. what a good find, like you I have the English version and refer to it a lot.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love this blog post. Brings back memories of trying to follow Icelandic instructions when I really only speak English!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen