vrijdag 4 januari 2013

The details on my white TAST sampler

A few days ago I shared a photo of my white TAST sampler. It’s still not finished, but I thought you might like to see the details. Here I stitched 2 buttonhole wheel cups with Caron Watercolours (left) and perle 5. I added some pistil stitches with the same threads.
At the left side of my sampler I made 2 curved rows of Pekinese stitches. The threads are Rainbow Gallery Treasure Braid and cotton a broder. Then I stitched French knots inside with Stef Francis spun silk with flames and 2 threads of stranded floss.
I couched green knitting yarn with 2 threads of stranded floss. The herringbone stitch is done with cotton a broder.
The dark green row is wheatear stitch with cotton a broder. The next combo is a Chevron stitch with 4 threads of stranded floss hanging below the buttonhole stitch with Stef Francis spun silk with flames. I stitched fly stitches with cotton a broder inside the Chevron stitches. This still needs something extra, maybe a detached chain stitch.
Before I started to add these stitches, the only stitches on this sampler were Cretan stitch, knotted loop stitch and a cast on pansy.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I love the look of your TAST sampler! Very nice stitching, Annet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Mooie kleurencombi. En dat 'opgenaaide' breigaren vind ik ook heel mooi om te zien, eentje om te onthouden!
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Annet your sampler is indeed a treasure

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Such a fabulous array of different stitches. Looks terrific Annet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. You have proved that the Pistil stitch goes well with the Buttonwheel cup!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen