woensdag 2 januari 2013

Scrapquilt 3

Today I want to complete the introduction of my scrapquilt. I wrote about the centre block of this quilt here. The first 8 blocks for my border are here. These blocks are 15 x 15 cm (6 x 6 inch). This block is called card trick. It’s one of my favourites.
This is Double Friendship Star.
Grecian Square is the name of this block. Lots of ugly fabric in this one!
Another favourite block called Jack’s Delight.
I found this 9-patch variation on my quilt calendar.
I like this Shoo Fly block.
This block is called True Blue.
My last block is called Woven 9-patch. It reminds me of the Granny Weaver block in my Dear Jane quilt.
And this is how my quilt looks now. I’ve used 4 different colours for the sashings.
In my original plans I wanted to add another border, but after 6 years I still don’t know how to finish this. Suggestions are very welcome!

10 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat heb je veel gedaan! Ik voel me nu een slakje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Deze quilt ligt al 6 jaar zo in de kast, dus zo snel ben ik niet!

      Verwijderen
  2. Dat wordt een mooie quilt, Annet. Ik zat even te denken, wat zou ik doen met de randen? Ik denk eerst een randje zo breed als de sashings, dan een rand ter breedte van ongeveer 1/3 van je blokjes (of minder) en dan een herhaling van de border die om je middenblok zit (maar wel breder, minstens het dubbele), dus aan 2 kanten blokjes en 2 kanten flying geese. Daar omheen nog een keer een rand van dezelfde breedte als de tweede. Qua kleuren zou ik dan de kleuren van de sashings herhalen.
    Geen idee of je hier wat aan hebt, dit is alleen maar een ideetje wat zo in me opkwam.
    Groetjes en veel quiltplezier!
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel voor je uitgebreide suggestie, Paula. Ik zat zelf ook al in deze richting te denken, maar kwam er niet helemaal uit. Nu nog zien of ik nog bijpassende kleuren in mijn voorraad heb. Maar eerst maar eens een tekening maken met de maten!

      Verwijderen
  3. what a wonderful quilt, you are an inspiration, was going to tell you which is my favourite but that is impossible as love them all. I am sure people will come up with ideas for your border although I think it looks wonderful as it is.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Paula gave me a very good idea what I could do, so I think I know what to do next.

      Verwijderen
  4. I love a good ol scrap quilt. Yours looks fantastic. I would be keeping the border pretty simple but ?? What? Perhaps another small border around first the same width as the sashings and then a simple chequorboard ?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Dianne. Paula suggested something similar in Dutch and I was thinking in the same direction. It's back to the drawing board for me!

      Verwijderen
  5. You say that the Grecian Square block contains a lot of ugly fabrics. Maybe each one on its own is not so attractive but in a scrap quilt ANYTHING turns into beauty. You have made a great quilt and I suggest you first put on a narrow simple border, have a look and decided it you need to add another border.
    Looking forward to the development of this quilt.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, I know every quilt needs a few ugly fabrics. My Grecian Square has lots of them but it fits nicely in my quilt.

      Verwijderen