dinsdag 22 januari 2013

Old knotted feather stitches

There was a big smile on my face when I saw that the knotted feather stitch is this week’s TAST stitch. The sampler with this stitch was on my desk last week, to inspire my black sampler. I’ll share the details of that one in a few days. 

These knotted feather stitches are part of my week 4 sampler for Sharon’s class Personal Library of Stitches (PLOS), which she no longer teaches. I used perle 5, 8 and 12 in different shades. This is how it looked after the first day. I turned the photo so you can see the stitches the same way as Sharon explained them in her tutorial.
And this is a detail of the finished sampler. I added a few more knotted feather stitches at the top (that’s the right side in the first photo) and ended them with Colonial knots. The other stitches are Ermine stitches.
Take a closer look at this page in my Plos fabric book.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. great :D
    Greetings from Poland
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My first impression when I saw Sharon's sample stitches was ORGANIC, plants, seaweed, twigs... Now I see it can make excellent nets as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I am pleased I made you smile Annet- I still like that sampler!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I think this stitch is going to work in so many ways, good to be back with tast and seeing your stitches inspires us all to have GO

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen