woensdag 12 december 2012

Scrapquilt 2

Yes, I know it’s Wednesday and I planned to write a post for Work In Progress Wednesday. But, there is no progress! Not a single stitch is added to my quilt and I think there's no time to pick it up this month. Today I want to continue with the introduction of my next Work In Progress project. I want to pick it up next year, when my Vintage Valentine quilt is finished. Last time I shared the centre block of my quilt. The next step was to add a border with 16 different 15 x 15 cm (6 x 6 inch) blocks with the same scrappy look. This first block is called Calico puzzle.
The next one is called Contrary Wife.
This one is called Friendship Star.
Hole in the Barn door is the name of this block.
The next one is called Linoleum. There’s some Halloween fabric in the upper right corner.
This one is called Ohio Star.
This nine-patch block is called Thrifty.
Weathervane was the very first block I made, so there had to one in this quilt too.
Next time I show you the remaining blocks.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Scrapquilts zijn altijd mooi, ze hebben hun eigen charme en door al die verschillende stofjes zul je nooit dezelfde quilt tegenkomen. Succes met de WIP's.
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It is seeing patchwork like this that makes me want to persevere with my learning curve, thanks for giving me a shove in the right direction, not come across a contrary wife before.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen