zondag 19 augustus 2012

Pekinese stitch

The TAST stitch for week 33 is Pekinese stitch. I wanted to build on the experiments in my Pekinese stitch ornament and combined the Pekinese stitch with herringbone stitches for more contrast. First I stitched all rows of backstitches and herringbone stitches. Then I made the Pekinese stitches with 4 threads of yellow stranded silk. I turned my work for every second row of Pekinese stitches. The herringbone stitch is done in 2 threads of stranded floss. The backstitches are all different threads, from top to bottom: perle 12, Stef Frances spun silk with flames, perle 5, 4 threads of stranded floss, perle 8 and perle 5. This 2 x 2 inch or 5 x 5 cm sampler is stitched on 18 count Aida. There’s a bigger photo of this sampler on my Flickr-page.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik ben elke keer weer verbaasd over de verschillende steken en de mooie werkstukken die je ermee maakt. Dat Pekinese stitch ornament is echt mooi! Net een Mandela.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is so amazing as a fill in stitch! Love it! The colors you chose look very pretty together also!
    Julie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen