Saturday, August 4, 2012

Block 4 - oyster stitch & Algerian eyes

The TAST stitches for week 30 and 31 inspired me for the embroidery on my fourth block for Karen’s class Embroider, Embellish, Create. First I made a cutwork circle with cotton a broder. Then I made the  oyster stitches with perle 5. I wanted to make a connection with my older work, so I used part of my pulled thread experiments behind the circle. I used the part with the waffle stitch.
Then I added Algerian eyes with 1 thread of stranded DMC rayon.
This is the complete bottom left corner of my block.
There’s a bigger photo of this part on my Flickr-page.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome Annet..really looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love how this looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annet - these are just lovely - what wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design and the stitches are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love the white on white look. Your base material is a great choice as well. Linen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. I'm not sure about the fabric, I think it's cotton.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.