dinsdag 31 juli 2012

Old Algerian eyes

The TAST stitch for week 31 is Algerian eyes. Great timing, it’s the perfect stitch for an embroidery I’m working on! But today I only share old samples. This is part of the sampler I made for TAST 2007. It’s stitched with stranded floss on muslin. The complete sampler is on my Flickr-page.
This is part of a crazy ATC I made at the same time. It’s also stitched with stranded floss.
A detail on block 8 of my Crazy Monday quilt. I stitched Algerian eyes with stranded floss and attached the beads in a similar way.
This is a detail on my Eastern stitch sampler, a TAST 2010 stitch. I stitched an Algerian eye inside a square of 4 Eastern stitches. The thread is perle 12.
A border on my PLOS border sampler. Chevron stitches in perle 5 and Algerian eyes in DMC 80.
A detail on another PLOS sampler. This is part of my sampler There Is No Spoon. Crown stitches with Stef Francis perle 5 and Algerian eyes with perle 12.
My last sample is part of my Casalguidi ornament. I cannot find the notes of this embroidery, but I think the eyelets are done in stranded floss.
I want to try this stitch on Aida, so I need to prepare a new sampler. A great excuse to use one of the new ones I bought a few weeks ago!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. You've a wonderful variety of samples here - well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh!!
    It is really great with this stitch.
    viji

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I like all the examples you share with us. especially the last one is very attractive. Thank you so much!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen