Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yoda 2

I've made some progress on Yoda. For the filling I use a stem stitch with 3 threads of stranded DMC. The darkest brown at the bottom is nearly finished. I already used a skein of it! At the left side I tried some shading with the help of Mary Corbet's tutorial about color control. Next time I try to take a better photo, this one is a bit blue (the fabric is off-white, it was almost dark when I took the photo). This time I also want to show you what inspired me to start this embroidery. I wrote about the Stitch Wars last week and that made me Google for pictures. This sihouette was the foundation for my embroidery.
A few weeks later I found the matching photo. Now I use this photo as the foundation for the shading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.