Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yoda 1

In August last year I started an embroidery (16 x 26 cm or 6 x 10,5 inch) for my oldest daughter. I was inspired by the Stitch Wars. It took me only a few days to stitch the outlines in backstitches. And then . . . . . . nothing until now. I knew how I wanted this piece to look, but I didn't know how to do that. I have read the first part of Sharon's bandsampler again and band 12 was almost what I had in mind. Last Thursday Mary Corbet posted a tutorial about color control and then I knew what I had to do! I filled the bottom left side with stemstitches. This part is stitched in dark brown and I experimented with the direction of the stitches. In other parts of this embroidery I will try some shading with the help of the color control tutorial.
These are the colors I'm going to use. It's a challenge to use only stranded DMC again!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! It would never have occurred to me to do a Yoda embroidery - that's really neat!! Hope your daughter loves it :)

    BirthRight The Arrival on Amazon 1.1.2011
    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be very nice embroidery, me thinks this is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.