Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sword stitch

It was difficult to vary with the sword stitch. On top of that I made the stitches of the first 2 variations wrong, so they don't sit nicely. I took the thread under instead of over the first half of the stitch. My first variation is a row of stacked sword stitches with 1 thread of Caron Watercolours and purple perle 12. Then I made a mirrored row with perle 12, beads and sequins.
This variation is done in perle 5 and laced with Caron Rachelette.
For my last experiment I used a metallic thread and a thread of DMC 80. I made fly stitches at the bottom with perle 5 and a tied herringbone stitch under the sword stitches with Caron Wildflowers.
I made a few more examples on my sampler for week 17. Just take a look here.

2 comments:

  1. the pretty shiny beads get me every time ;)
    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a lovely sampler and it is about learning the stitch not being perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.