Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chained cross stitch

I enjoyed exploring the chained cross stitch. I started with 3 rows with blue perle 5, pink perle 12 and yellow perle 8 to see the difference in threads. Then I made 2 rows of a woven variation with Stef Francis perle 5 and burgundy perle 8. It's very easy, I just took the thread under the first half of the stitch before I made the chain. I like the braided look of this variation! There's a doubble mirrored row of this variation on my sampler.
These half chained cross stitches are done in yellow perle 8. I made a normal half cross stitch and started the chain stitch at the centre of the stitch. From a distance it looks like a Palestrina stitch. I like this variation too!
This variation is done with perle 12 and 2 mm beads. I put the bead on the thread before I started the stitch, so it's on the first half cross stitch. I made the chain stitch around the bead.
My last experiment is a variation with a twisted chain stitch in perle 5.
These are only a few of the examples I made on my sampler for week 26 of TAST. My complete sampler is on my Flickr-page.

3 comments:

  1. I like all the variations of your stitches, particularly the woven one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. i have always liked your approach to the stitch. all the best
    ansu chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful, and this idea with the little beads ... Like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.