Monday, May 3, 2010

Raised herringbone band again

My sampler for the raised herringbone band is finished. This first row is done in perle 5 and I made the satin stitches bigger every 12 stitches.The satin stitches for this row are done with 3 threads of purple stranded Anchor. The ecru is DMC broder special. I decorated this row with some French knots between the stitches.
This last experiment is done in perle 5. I made rectangles with red satin stitches.
I like the look of this stitch, but it’s not my cup of tea! You can find some great examples in the Take A Stitch Tuesday-group. If you want to see my complete sampler, just take a look at my Flickr-page.

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. I like that you used the same color in the second one in both parts. The last one reminds me very much of a piece of pop art, very nifty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.