Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bullion buttonhole

I had a lot of fun with the bullion buttonhole! I found some milliners needles and it was a pleasure to use them. What a difference does a needle make! First I made a simple purple row with perle 5 with 2 corners in it. In the corners I made 3 stitches.My next row is done with a variegated cotton thread. I alternated the direction of the stitches.
I also made a square with 4 bullion buttonhole stitches in perle 5.
Then I didn’t had time to stitch for a few days, but yesterday the stitching bug bit me! I made a lot of bullion buttonhole stitches with perle 5 and this variation is one of them. I made a combination of the crossed buttonhole stitch and the bullion buttonhole. The stitches are much longer (9-12 wraps).
I decorated my sampler with some French knots and I added a knotted loop stitch to my first purple row at the top left corner. There is a big picture of my sampler on my Flickr-page.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, I especially like the square and your version of a crossed buttonhole bullion stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..Ilike the bullion square very much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Annet what beautiful samples you have made this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.