Thursday, April 22, 2010

African flowers

A few weeks ago I found this lovely hexagon flower on the African Flowers Flickr-group. The pattern is also translated, you can find them in the discussions of the group. Karin made the Dutch translation and she made a little variation, she made the flower petals in one color instead of two. I used orange and pink for the petals. My cotton yarn was a leftover from the pot-holders I made for my daughter. The green yarn was just enough, but there was not enough left to sew them together! Therefore I pulled out some stitches and crocheted them together in the corners. Now I have a lovely doily on my table.

2 comments:

  1. Goh, ik krijg er zeker zin in om dit patroon ook eens te proberen, erg vrolijk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.